This is your opportunity to pay tribute to our Scarborough, Whitby and Filey young people up to 16 years who help others through voluntary work or good deeds.
This special event is run by the mayor of the borough, with the Scarborough News, the Filey and Hunmanby Mercury, and the Whitby Gazette, to recognise youth groups and young individuals who help their communities.
- An act of kindness by a youngster: Help for others, including family, friends, neighbours, or strangers.
- Charity helping/campaigning: To recognise efforts for fund-raising or supporting a cause.
- Act of bravery: Helping others in danger or fear or in deed of urgent assistance.
- Courage over physical adversity: For not letting a disability hamper determination or effort.
- Young Carer(s) of the Year: For young people who help their parents or other family members who need assistance at any time.
- Young entertainer(s): For outstanding or determined effort in any form of entertainment, either individually or with others.
- Young volunteer: To recognise selfless community contributions.
- Special recognition: For inspirational and exceptional deeds or achievements
The deadline for your nominations in Young Stars 2017 is Monday March 13 2017.
All nominees and nominators will be invited to a presentation evening at Scarborough Rugby Club on Monday 3 April 2017 at 5:30pm.