- Why we collect personal data
- What personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- Our legal basis for collecting and sharing personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- Further processing of personal data
- Personal data from online payments
- Your rights relating to your personal data
- Further information
The following information provides details on how we may collect use and where appropriate share personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). It should be read in conjunction with the Council’s privacy notice document.
Filey Brigg Camping and Caravan Site offers a range of services, including site bookings for caravans and camping. We collect your Personal Data to manage and administer booking requests and purchases, including your initial request, confirmation, managing payments and fees, collecting and recovering monies owed.
CCTV is used for the security of the site, to protect our property and safety and that of our customers, employees and other third parties.
The personal data we collect will include:
- Contact and identification details, e.g. your name, email address, phone number and postal address.
- Details of correspondence and other contacts; if you contact us, we may keep details of the correspondence and the content of the contact.
- Sales and service transactions which cover details of all business transactions which take place between us including details of the sales and services we have provided to you as part of those transactions.
- Information relating to your preferences or opinions collected as part of our client surveys or competitions.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our site.
We may monitor and record electronic communications (website, email and phone conversations) for several reasons such as:
- staff training
- records of conversations
- the detection, investigation and prevention of crime
We will inform you if your call is being recorded or monitored.
Emails that we send to you or you send to us, may be retained as a record of contact and your email address stored for future use in accordance with our retention periods. If we need to email sensitive or confidential information to you, we may perform checks to verify the correct email address and may take additional security measures.
See our Data Protection Policy for details on how we define personal and non-personal data.
We'll only use your Personal Data in accordance with data protection legislation, and for the purposes stated in this privacy notice.
- only ask for what is necessary for the purposes of administering your booking and provide you with any services you have requested
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- ensure you know if you have a choice about giving us personal data
- only share your personal data with other Scarborough Borough Council departments or with external partners, agencies and contractors involved in delivering services on our behalf
- make sure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary
- delete or destroy it securely when we no longer have a need to keep it
We ask that you:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible of any changes
- tell us as soon as possible if you notice mistakes in the information we hold about you
From time to time, we may conduct or ask you to take part in a survey to get your feedback, comments and opinions to help us improve our services.
Any information we use in presentations or reports will be anonymised and will not identify any individuals. For example a report on the bookings taken for the site will not feature any of your personal data.
We do not disclose or share sensitive or confidential information without your explicit consent except where disclosure is required by law, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to do so, would put you or someone else at risk.
We may be required or permitted, under data protection legislation, to disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, for example if we have a legal obligation to do so, such as for:
- law enforcement
- fraud investigations
- regulation and licensing
- criminal prosecutions
- court proceedings
We must protect public funds and may use personal data and data-matching techniques to detect and prevent fraud, collect taxes and ensure public money is targeted and spent in the most appropriate and cost-effective way. To do this, your personal data may be shared with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, including the Department for Work and Pensions, HM Revenue and Customs, the Police and other local authorities.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your data is to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations.
Filey Brigg Camping and Caravan Park may also process individual’s data where:
processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests, and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing).
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We will keep your personal data in accordance with our Data Retention Schedule. We will delete or destroy your personal data securely.
At the end of the retention period, we may pass any relevant information to the Archives where it is required or appropriate to do so.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we'll provide you with a new notice.
The new notice will:
- explain this new use before we start the processing
- set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions
Where and whenever necessary, we'll seek your consent to the new processing, if we start to use your personal data for a purpose not mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
See our Data Protection Policy for details about the further processing of personal data.
The personal data you give to us when using our online payment system will only be used for the recording of your payment. We'll ensure that it is used for no other purpose and is not disclosed to a third party such as other companies or individuals, unless required to do so by law for the prevention of crime and the detection of fraud.
We'll hold it securely and only for as long as is needed. It will then be deleted in line with our Retention and Disposal Policy and Procedures.
See our Data Protection Policy for details on how we process your personal data in connection with online payments.
When we collect your personal data we'll tell you how we are going to use it. Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights under data protection law.
Find information about your rights on our GDPR page.
If you have any questions, want to exercise your rights, or if you have a complaint about how your information has been used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01723 232323 or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Scarborough Borough Council
St Nicholas Street