Additional Restrictions Grant (Discretionary)
Government has provided funding to support businesses required to close due to lockdown restrictions. Businesses required to close in England due to local or national restrictions and that operate from business rated premises will be eligible for Local Restriction Support Grant (LRSG) – see details further down this page.
The government also recognised that some businesses required to close may not have rateable commercial premises (and therefore won’t be covered by the LRSG scheme), and others won’t have been forced to close, but they will be significantly financially impacted. Local authorities have therefore been allocated funding for an Additional Restrictions Grant, which will cover businesses that fall into these categories.
Applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant must be submitted using the online form within seven days of the end of a national or local lockdown. For the current period of national lockdown, this is by 9 December 2020.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)*
*note the terminology “closed” refers to the government’s name for the scheme and is not a reference to unavailability of the scheme.
Businesses subject to national restrictions from 5 November may be entitled to financial support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) scheme.
Grants under this scheme are available to businesses that:
- Are based in Scarborough borough
- Are rated and assessed for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes – you will need your business rates account reference to apply
- Were operating prior to the restrictions being imposed
- Have been ordered to stop operating by the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 or are operating in a substantively reduced way due to restrictions (such as restaurants or pubs running take-away services or shops running click & collect)
This grant cannot be awarded where:
- The business is not rated for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes
- The business has not been ordered to stop operations
- The business was not operating prior to restrictions being imposed
For a full list of businesses subject to restrictions or closure, or permitted to remain open, please refer to Schedule 2 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020.
Amount of funding available to businesses
The amount available to businesses depends on the rateable value of the qualifying premises. A single fixed amount grant will be paid to each eligible business rated assessment to cover the four-week period of the current national restrictions. Businesses with more than one eligible property will receive more than one grant.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 4 weeks|
|£15,000 or under||£1,334|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£2,000|
|£51,000 or above||£3,000|
You can also view the full policy here.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)
Businesses subject to national restrictions that have been required to remain closed since March will be entitled to funding under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector). The amounts payable under this scheme are the same values and frequency as the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed), but will take effect from 1 November and will continue to be paid on an ongoing basis so long as the restrictions remain in place.
Businesses required to remain closed under national restrictions since 23 March are:
- Sexual entertainment venues & hostess bars
Due to limited numbers of businesses of this type in the borough, we are not providing an application form for this scheme.
To apply, please e-mail email@example.com quoting Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector) and your Non-Domestic Rates account reference number in the subject field. Please include in the e-mail the following information:
- Your name
- Address of business premises
- Type of establishment operated
- Confirmation that the business was trading in March this year but has remained closed since 23 March and not operated in any other substantive capacity.
You can read the full Local Restrictions Support Grants (SECTOR) policy here.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
This scheme is currently not applicable in the borough. Details of the scheme will be published here should the borough be categorised as Covid-19 high alert level (tier two) after the current national restrictions end on 2 December.