Details of current and historic planning applications can be viewed using Public Access - our online planning register.
(By clicking this link you are agreeing to the copyright terms below)
Clicking the blue button (above) will take you to our Public Access website, where you can:
- View and track the progress of planning applications online
- Comment on an application online
- See if an appeal has been lodged, and the result of that appeal where applicable
- View weekly and monthly lists of applications and decisions
- Set up search profiles and be automatically notified by email
How do I use Public Access?
- Click the blue button (above) and begin your search by application reference number, address, decision status or date
- To make a comment, first find the application then click the 'Comment' tab. For guidance on making comments view our frequently asked questions. Comments must be rational, impersonal and directed principally to the planning issues raised by the proposal. Comments of a personal, slanderous, libellous, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or abusive nature are not constructive or helpful to the process of determining a planning application and may result in an action for libel. Please be aware that for security reasons the system will time out after 30 minutes, so you may find it useful to draft any lengthy comments in a separate application (such as Word) and then cut and paste your text into the 'Your comment' box
- To find important dates or view the plans and documents. Find the application first -the details tab gives you useful information and dates; the 'Documents' tab lets you see the application documents
- You will need to register to save searches and track applications (simply register with your name and email address)
- You can download a guidance document on how to use our Public Access site at the bottom of this page
- Public Access is our online register of applications and appeals. We are required to keep a copy of each current application with its accompanying plans/drawings
- Public Access is continually updated however we cannot be held legally responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions on the site that result in loss or inconvenience. We also cannot be held legally responsible for representations from anyone commenting on planning applications which may contain libellous or defamatory statements
- Documents are published online for the purpose of inspection in connection with planning applications, and in accordance with the council fulfilling its statutory obligations. Use of any copy documents may be restricted by law, and the council does not give permission for use of these copies for any purpose
- To view historic decision notices you may need to contact us
Planning applications, including plans, drawings and other documents viewed through these pages are made available by the Council pursuant to section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 ('the Act'). By accessing and using the information you are accepting and agreeing to comply with the requirements of the Act. You may only download to print material:
- For consultation purposes
- To compare current applications with previous schemes
- To check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans
Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.