Yorkshire Coast BID ballot result
Following the verification and vote checking of the ballot for the Yorkshire Coast Business Improvement District (BID), which took place today (Friday 30 November) at the Town Hall in Scarborough, the result of the ballot was declared as follows:
- Total number of valid votes cast: 392
- Aggregate rateable value of each hereditament: £21,594,700
- Total number of votes cast in favour: 217 (55.36 %)
- Aggregate rateable value of each hereditament of votes cast in favour: £12,438,700
- Total number of votes cast against: 175 (44.64 %)
For the BID to be implemented more than 50% of businesses that voted must have voted in favour of the BID and the businesses that voted yes must represent a greater total rateable value than those that vote no.
In light of the above results, the Yorkshire Coast BID will be adopted.
The total number of ballot papers issued was 1,354. The number of ballot papers received was 395. The turnout for the ballot was 29.17%.
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
a. Bearing same unique number or barcode as ballot paper already received - 1
b. Unsigned - 0
c. Unmarked - 1
d. Wholly void for uncertainty - 1
Total number of rejected votes - 3