Whitby parish poll
A parish poll will take place in Whitby on Monday 13 June between 4pm and 9pm.
Residents can only take part in the poll by visiting their local polling station. Unlike an election, they will not be able to vote by post or proxy and no polling cards will be issued.
The questions being posed in the poll are:
- Should all new build and additional housing in Whitby parish be restricted to full time local occupation as a primary residence only and forever (in perpetuity)?
- Do you want to stay in the same area committee as Scarborough in the new North Yorkshire unitary council?
Residents will be able to answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to each of the questions.
The polling stations that will be used for the poll are:
- Whitby Mission & Seafarers' Centre, Haggersgate House, Haggersgate, Whitby, YO21 3PP
- Eastside Community Centre, Abbots Road, Whitby, YO22 4EA
- Whitby Library, Windsor Terrace, Whitby, YO21 1EY
- Caedmon College Whitby (Normanby Site) - The Learning Centre, Prospect Hill, Whitby, YO21 1LA
* Change from previously used Mooredge B&B
- The Bridge Inn, High Street, Ruswarp, Whitby, YO21 1NJ
* Change from previously used Ruswarp Village Hall
- Marton Court Community Centre, Marton Court, Whitby, YO21 1JN
- Whitby Coliseum, 1B Victoria Place, Whitby, YO21 1EZ
* Change from previously used Church House Centre
- Whitby Leisure Centre (Community Room), West Cliff, Whitby, YO21 3HT
The poll was requested at a meeting of Whitby parish (town) on Thursday 12 May.
More information about the poll is available from our elections pages.