Glen and Crescent gardens, Filey
Formal gardens and family park.
- Formal bedding
- Open space
- Wildlife garden
- Wishing well
- Boating pond
- Design a flowerbed competition
- Putting green and crazy golf
- Spectacular coastal views
Glen Gardens were built around the 1830’s and were part of the private estate of Ravine Hall. Although the hall no longer exists, a café stands in its place making it nice place to visit inthe summer.
As well as the play area, Glen Gardens has plenty of open space for ball games and picnics.
Crescent Gardens is more a formal garden with summer bedding and rose beds. The gardens were built in around 1835 for the visitors to the Royal Crescent Hotel and the residents of the Crescent as a place to promenade.
Today, the gardens are still as popular as ever to walk through, with plenty of seating to enjoy the view, and a café in which to enjoy light refreshments.
At the northern end is Nuns Walk Gardens, aptly named as it used to be the gardens of the Convent School for girls, run by the Sisters of Charity of our Lady of Evron. Now a wildlife haven and a quiet place to sit, the garden has been taken under the wing of the Friends of Filey Park who have developed the garden for the local community.
Although each of these gardens are quite different, they all join together to form a pleasant alternative to walking through town, with scenic routes down to the beach.