Commenting on Housing and Other Sites
As part of the process of reviewing the Local Plan we carry out a 'Call for Sites' whereby landowners, site promoters and developers can submit sites for inclusion in the Local Plan. We are inviting comments on the sites submitted and if you are interested in viewing and commenting on the sites please use this link.
An FAQ is also available below which provides an explanation of the Local Plan process, what this part of the process involves and how you can become involved.
Review of the Local Plan
The current Local Plan is over 3 years old and is the subject of a review. The consultation on the first stage of this review (the Issues and Options stage) concluded in late 2020. The Issues and Options document, Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report and the Call for Sites Form can all still be viewed at our Consultation Portal or can all be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
A short video about the review of the Scarborough Borough Local Plan has been uploaded to help explain what it involves and how you can become involved.
Submitting sites for allocation as housing or other uses
A short video has been uploaded to provide information on how to submit your sites to the Council for consideration in the Local Plan review, the type of information we will require from you and how these sites will be consulted upon.
As referred to in the video there are a number of useful websites that can help you find information you may need to support your site submission. These are shown below:
- Magic Map provides a wide range of information on a map based system for statutory and non-statutory designations on land
- Flood maps provided by the Environment Agency
- Information on heritage and listed buildings provided by Historic England
- To assist in the provision of viability information for housing sites guidance can be found in Appendix 2 of the SBC Affordable Housing SPD
Find out more
- You can view planning documents on our consultation website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Paper copies are available to view at Scarborough Borough Council offices (not currently available due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Relevant material is also accessible online at the Self Service Points at the Customer First Centre, Town Hall, Scarborough (please contact us to make an appointment) and at local libraries (please check with your local library as self service points may not be available due to Covid-19 restrictions).
Paper copies are available on request (please note there is a charge for paper copies).
|FAQ Feb 2021.pdf||540.51 KB|
|Local Plan Issues and Options 2020.pdf||23.24 MB|
|Updated SA Scoping Report - March 2022.pdf||1.32 MB|
|Sustainability Appraisal - Scoping Report - 2020.pdf||1.48 MB|
|Privacy Impact Assessment.pdf||179.37 KB|