We want to help you submit applications with all the information we need to assess them. If an application is not submitted with the required information it will not be valid and we will not be able to process it.
Before submitting an application you should make sure that the accompanying information is sufficient for the purposes of validation.
Please read the planning validation guidance which provides advice on both national and local validation requirements.
To assist us with the validation and decision-making process we request that an application is accompanied by a schedule or list of submitted documents.
We no longer provide checklists for individual application types. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us using our online form. We do not charge for this service, but please note that if you are seeking advice as whether planning permission is required or likely to be granted, then a fee is payable.
To make a planning (or related) application, national standard forms must be used and these can be found and submitted electronically on the Planning Portal.
If submitting in paper, 1 original copy must be supplied. All forms must be signed and dated.
- Submit an application
- Planning Portal Applications
- National Planning Policy guidance
- Planning practice guidance
- Supplementary planning documents
- Section 106 planning obligations
- Statement of Community Involvement
- North East Yorkshire Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Environment Agency flood risk zones
- Yorkshire Water advice about drainage misconnections
- Northern Gas Networks advice about built over services
- Historic England planning advice
- Wildlife Assessment Check