Make, view, comment and get help with planning applications.
Before an application
Making an application or enquiry
- Do I need planning permission?
- Pre-application advice
- Submit a planning application
- Planning application validation
- Planning fees
- Process diagram (before an application)
During an application
Viewing and commenting on applications and appeals (Public Access)
- View/comment on planning applications and appeals via our Public Access website
- Frequently asked questions in relation to commenting on an application
What happens during the process
After an application
Appeal against a planning decision
Discharge your conditions
- Approval (discharge) of conditions. An application of this type is necessary where a condition in a permission or consent requires the details of a specified aspect of the development (which was not fully described in the original application) to be approved by the local planning authority before the development can begin. This is also more commonly known as 'discharging' conditions and should not be confused with the process to remove or vary a condition.
- Discharge of condition(s) applications must be made in writing and the associated fee paid when the application is submitted.
Seek naming and numbering advice
- If your application results in the creation of a new property or new street or, involves the subdivision or conversion of existing buildings, you may need to apply for the alliocation of an official address or addresses.
- Where your proposal involves the change of use of a building for example from a house to a shop, and you wish to add a business name to the shop front, you may need to apply for a name change or addtion of a name application.
- When your proposed works result in alterations which may affect your address, for example where the main access to a property is altered, resulting in that property being accessed from a different street you may need to apply for a change of address.
- Further information in relation to our naming and numbering processes and details of how to apply are available here.
- Process diagram (after an application)
- Additional Environmental Approval (AEA)
- Northern Gas Networks 'Get Connected' advice
- Yorkshire Water 'Connect Right' advice
- Naming and numbering advice