Pay your parking ticket (Penalty Charge Notice)

On 1 April the single new council for North Yorkshire launched replacing Scarborough Borough Council and other local authorites in North Yorkshire.

To find your Councillor or to view minutes, meetings and agendas please visit the North Yorkshire Council website.
Please have your PCN to hand. Your reference number will start with either:
  • 'YN' or 'SJ' if issued in the Borough of Scarborough
  • 'FO' or 'FQ' if issued in Ryedale District
  • 'FF' or 'FI' if issued in Hambleton District
  • 'FJ' or 'FK' if issued in Richmondshire District
You will find this number on your ticket.
The details of your ticket may not be available online for up to 48 hours.  Information on alternative methods of payment and challenging the notice are available on the reverse of your notice.


Paying online is easy and secure.

We accept:

  • Visa
  • Mastercard
  • Switch/Maestro
  • Delta

Pay your Penalty Charge Notice  >

or you can:

By phone

Call our 24-hour automated telephone payments system on 01723 232523 and listen to the menu selections. Remember to press * after each section as instructed.

By post

Cheques should be made payable to Scarborough Borough Council and crossed.  Send the payment slip along with your cheque or write your reference number on the back.

A handling charge of £10.00 will be made where a cheque is returned due to lack of funds.

Please send cheques to:

Scarborough Borough Council
Town Hall
St Nicholas Street
North Yorkshire
YO11 2HG

Data protection information

Personal data has been collected in order to serve a penalty charge notice and enforce the parking terms and conditions. As a contravention has occurred, your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained in order to carry out the performance of a public task and fulfil our legal obligations in the following ways:

  • To request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA in order to pursue a penalty charge notice.
  • Shared with third parties for appeals and enforcement.
  • Shared with the police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime.

Your data rights

In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the right to request to:

Be informed, have access or rectify incorrect information. You also have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your data.

Under Data Protection law we must verify your identity and explain to you our reasons if we do not agree to carry out your request.

Contact and further information

If you would like more information about how we use your data, please read our privacy policy:

Data protection questions can be made via telephone on 01723 232323, by email or in writing to Data Protection, Town Hall, St Nicholas Street, Scarborough, YO11 2H G

You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.