|Fourth permit and onwards||
- If a business is situated within a disc zone area (excluding Town Centre), the owner may be eligible to apply for a business permit.
- A business within a disc zone is entitled to apply for 1 permit to allow a vehicle to park within the relevant zone for an unlimited time for business purposes.
- A business permit is only valid within the zone, in which the business is situated.
- The permit does not have a vehicle registration attached to it, so it may be transferred between vehicles, which work at the business.
- If you need more than one business permit, we will consider the request. A letter to support the request for further permits must be enclosed with the application form.
- Business permits are for use for business purposes only. They are not to be used for personal or residential purposes.
Fourth permit and onwards
- A tradesman operating within the town, may to eligible to apply for a tradesman’s permit.
- A tradesman’s permit allows a vehicle to park within the two and three hour disc zone areas while work is being carried out on a property within that zone.
- The tradesman’s permit is not valid in the town centre, however daily tradesman’s permits are available should a tradesman require parking within the town centre to carry out work.
The following trades are able to apply for a tradesman’s permit:
- Aerial installation, bathroom fitters, builders, carpenters, carpet/flooring fitters, decorators, electrical installation, joinery, kitchen fitters, masonry and associated painting, plumbing, roofing, tiling and window fitters.
- The permit does not have a vehicle registration number assigned to it and can therefore be transferred between vehicles, which are attached to the business.
- Tradesmans permits are for use for business purposes only. They are not to be used for personal or residential purposes.
Daily tradesman’s permit
Town centre daily tradesman’s permits cost £5.00 per day per vehicle.
The permit allows the vehicle to park all day within the town centre on street pay and display areas for the purposes of carrying out work.
Daily tradesmans permits are also available for disc zone areas outside the town centre and cost £1.50 per day per vehicle.
These permits allow a tradesman to park within the two and three hour disc zones. The permits are issued where relevant proof is shown that a tradesman is carrying out work within a property and requires a permit to park. The proof can be in the form of a job sheet, invoice or quote which shows the work being carried out on the specific date at the specific address.