We publish details of our spending so you can see and comment on it.
Where does this data come from?
The information comes from our general ledger system and is grouped by an invoices payment date, rather than when it is first recorded on our ledger system. The report includes all payments generated through Accounts Payable, with the following exceptions:
- Invoice payments where the total invoice (including VAT) is less than £500
- Refunds made to individuals
- Salary payments (including severance, NI and pension payments)
- Investment transactions by the Council
- Provisions and promises to pay not yet realised
Details of expenditure on procurement cards is also published and is grouped by the date that the procurement card expenditure is allocated within the financial system.
Both sets of data will be updated monthly and is provided in two formats. The first in ‘pdf’, which is a printer friendly format, and the second in ‘csv’, which allows manipulation and analysis of the data in a format consistent across all local authorities.
We aim to publish all data on data.gov.uk.