|Salary: £24,982 - £27,041||Location: Scarborough||Job term: Permanent|
|Closing date: 12 noon 14/05/2021||Full time 37 hours per week|
About the vacancy
We are looking for a professional, caring, observant, competent, well-organised and highly motivated team player to join our emergency control centre team based in Scarborough. The post will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the CCTV team, providing support and guidance to staff, ensuring resources are employed effectively and ensuring the service is compliant with all relevant legislation and guidance.
The CCTV Monitoring Service provides a range of services to Scarborough Borough Council and other stakeholders. It is directly responsible for the day-to-day handling of emergency and non-emergency calls for the Council’s out of hour’s service and the monitoring and operation of public space CCTV equipment throughout the Borough. The service operates 24 hours a day throughout the year including the Christmas and New Year periods.
- You should be conscientious, reliable, flexible, and able to write clearly and concisely and give clear verbal instructions over the telephone and radio communications
- You will have experience of managing and motivating a team and providing support and advice to team members
- You will have a good understanding of computer and communications equipment and be able to deal with challenging situations in a responsive, tactful and diplomatic way
- You will have experience of CCTV monitoring, providing information to the emergency services and call handling, ideally you will also have a SIA licence. Training on all aspects of the CCTV equipment will be provided
- You will be required to work out of normal office hours and experience of shift work would be an advantage as you will be expected to work a shift system, including some 12 hour shifts that will include Friday, Saturdays, Sunday and Bank Holiday working
The post is subject to proof of identity, DBS and Police Vetting clearance.
Interviews for this position will take place on 25 May 2021.
If you have not been contacted again by 21 May 2021, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, contact Sandra Rees on (01723) 383627.