|Salary: £24,982 to £29,577||Location: Scarborough||Hours: 37 hours p/w|
|Closing date: Midday 8/11/2021||Job term: Permanent|
About the vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity to work right at the heart of our organisation and play an integral part in taking the Council forward and building a better Borough. The post is primarily based at Scarborough Town Hall but flexible provision for homeworking or use of other Council premises is available. Frequent travel to sites and meeting both within and outside the Borough will be required.
The Coastal Unit is a national exemplar in coastal management winning numerous awards for strategies, business cases and delivery of works. Currently Chairing the North East Coastal Group which assists in managing the coast from the Scottish Boarder to Gibraltar Point, leading on the North East Coastal Monitoring Programme and leading in Shoreline Management Planning. Working through the Local Government Association Significant Coastal Issues Group to influence national coastal policy, sitting on the boards on a wide range of national projects and playing a role in significant and influential national coastal and flood projects. In this exciting role, the post holder will be supporting the Council in developing coastal and flood defence resilience and strategy within the Borough of Scarborough, in addition assisting in projects outside the borough supporting local authorities regionally across the north east and nationally, based in the Projects Unit, assisting in managing Coastal and Flood defence Projects through inward investment into the Borough and will report to the Projects Manager through the Principal Coastal Officer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist in project development and delivery of Coastal and Flood defence activity.
- Assist in programme development and project management of externally funded projects including coastal strategies, flood alleviation studies, capital works including the periodic review of those strategies to develop new policies for adoption by the Council and other National Organisations
- Aid the development, formulation, review and management of the Council’s coastal management programme. Monitoring of plans and regimes to ensure compliance with agreed targets and policy objectives.
- Assist securing external funding through the preparation, submission and presentation of funding applications for Coastal and Flood Projects to the Environment Agency, LEP and other such external funding organisations.
- Undertake Project Management of small projects and undertake administrative tasks for larger projects including convening meetings, the taking of notes/minutes at various project meetings, public meetings or inter-agency meetings as and when required.
- Attend and represent the Council at public consultation and information sharing events during the day and on evenings to promote defence and non-defence options and policy recommendations.
- Undertake site visits when required to undertake inspections put up notices and record coastal monitoring data information.
If you want to challenge yourself in the interesting role as our Coastal Projects Officer then we want to hear from you. For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Stewart Rowe, Principal Coastal Officer on Telephone 01723 232444 or email email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted again by Monday 15 November 2021, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.