£17,681 - £18,672 per annum
We are looking for an individual who is observant, able to communicate tactfully and effectively with the public, and accurate in recording information. You will be required to work as part of a team, patrolling Council car parks and highways throughout the Borough to enforce the parking regulations, and to assist and answer enquiries from the public, in a helpful and sensitive manner. Appropriate training will be provided. You will be required to issue penalty charge notices using handheld computerised terminals and may be required to make written reports in support of notices issued. The hours of work will be an average 37-hour week on a rota basis. You will be provided with a uniform.
- experience of dealing with the public face to face
- a firm but friendly approach
- be able to communicate clearly and tactfully when dealing with members of the public
- be able to deal with members of the public who may be angry, aggressive or upset
- be able to use handheld computers or computerised equipment
- be able to work outdoors for long periods in all weathers
- be conscientious, reliable, numerate, and flexible
- be able to write clearly and keep accurate daily enforcement records
- the ability to work on a rota system that will include weekends and bank holidays and evenings
- Standard DBS check will be required
If you would like further details or an informal discussion about the vacancy, please contact John Agar on (01723) 383644 or Jane Wilson on (01723) 383582.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Thursday 13 December 2018
(If you have not been contacted again by 11 January 2018, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion).