The census is a survey that happens every 10 years and gives us a picture of all the people and households in England and Wales.
Get Involved in census 2021
Thousands of people like you are being hired in a range of exciting temporary roles to make census 2021 a success.
The census is a survey about all of us. We need your help and enthusiasm to encourage everyone in England and Wales to participate.
The census gives us a picture of communities, which helps to plan and fund public services in your area. Nothing else gives so much detail about the society in which we live, helping to make decisions with the potential to transform lives for the better.
Whether you're saving up for something or you want to make a real difference to your community, there's a job for you.
What are the benefits?
Be part of the census and you'll enjoy:
- a short-term income boost
- a competitive salary
- a job that's local to you
- flexible working hours that fit around your commitments
- the opportunity to help shape the future of your local community
- a way to learn new skills and add experience to your CV
- a sense of pride and fulfilment from helping others and doing good
- a chance to meet a wide range of people from all walks of life
- a chance to be part of this high-profile survey
How to apply for a census job
To ensure the application process is run smoothly, census have partnered with Adecco, a prestigious recruitment company.
Please make time to read the information on the census website, which outlines what makes you eligible to apply, what to expect during the process and what information you'll need.
Census roles are being designed to safeguard the health and safety of all candidates and staff.
Census is doing everything reasonably practical to reduce any risks caused by Covid-19. Please review the census 'Our application process' to view the steps been taken.