The charity offers individual grants to assist people in conditions of need, hardship or distress, living in the Whitby parishes of Mayfield, Ruswarp, Streonshalh or West Cliff.
These grants can be used to help with the costs of making their home more energy efficient. Each case is individually assessed.
Examples of the types of essential minor work that may qualify for a grant through this scheme for those in urgent need -
- Gas Safety Checks and Gas Servicing for boilers and fires
- Servicing and repairs for other heating such as electric or oil
- Help with the cost of cavity wall or loft insulation
- Draught proofing for doors and windows
- Replacing broken or damaged fires and cookers
- Repairing broken windows or external door
Our wellbeing officers will carry out a free home visit to assess how we can help you to
- Stay independent at home for longer
- Feel safer and more secure at home
- Stay warm and well
- Reduce the risk of falls
- All beneficiaries must live in an eligible parish as stated above
- People on low incomes or in receipt of benefits
- People aged 65 or over
- Families with young children
- Anyone with physical or mental health issues
For more information or to make a referral
Make a referral to the White Rose Home Improvement Agency’s well being service online or call 01723 232527.