Managed by Community First Yorkshire and with funding from the British Gas Energy Trust, this project provides help to people living in cold homes.
Free home visits are offered for advice and support on how to make your home warmer, along with a hardship fund to help with costs of energy efficiency measures.
The following types of essential minor work can qualify for a grant through this scheme for those in urgent need -
- Gas safety checks and gas servicing for boilers and fires
- Servicing and repairs for other heating such as electric or oil
- Help with the cost of cavity wall or loft insulation
- Draught proofing for doors and windows
Our wellbeing officers will carry out a free home visit to assess how we can help veterans to
- Stay independent at home for longer
- Feel safer and more secure at home
- Stay warm and well
- Reduce the risk of falls
- People on low incomes or in receipt of benefits
- People aged 65 or over
- Families with young children
- Anyone with physical or mental health issues
For more information or to make a referral
Make a referral to the White Rose Home Improvement Agency’s well being service online.
Or call 01723 232527.