Payment of Housing Benefit

On 1 April the single new council for North Yorkshire launched replacing Scarborough Borough Council and other local authorites in North Yorkshire.

To find your Councillor or to view minutes, meetings and agendas please visit the North Yorkshire Council website.
Due to the bank holiday on Monday customers expecting a Housing Benefit payment will get it on Friday 16 September instead of on Monday 19 September.

Payment of Housing Benefit is made by BACS transfer directly into a bank account so you will need a bank account in your name. 

We will make payment into a joint account in your name and your partner’s but not into an account solely in the name of your partner.

Help opening a bank account.

If you are already receiving payment of Housing Benefit and have changed your bank details please print and complete this BACS form and return the signed form to the council or you can scan and email a completed signed form to  You will need to give plenty of notice as payments are notified to the bank at least three days before the day you are due to be paid.

PDF icon BACS-Form-CLMT-May-2018.pdf162.99 KB