Can I claim?
You can claim if:
- You have to pay rent to a private landlord or housing association
- Your savings are £16,000 or less (different rules apply to pensioners)
You are on a low income for example:
- You work full or part time and receive a low wage
- You receive Income Support or Jobseeker’s Allowance or any other state benefits
- You receive Pension Credit or a small pension
How much can I get?
How to claim
Can you help me fill in the claim form?
If you need help to complete your paper or online application form you can talk to an advisor on 01723 232372. Alternatively benefits advisors can help you complete a form if you call in to see us at the council offices. (a member of the Customer First team is available to assist at Filey). You may wish to contact us before your visit to check what documents we would need to see to support your claim.
Pension age customers
If you apply for Pension Credit you will receive a HCTB1 claim form in your application pack which should be completed and returned to Scarborough Borough Council.
If you feel that you would benefit from or require independent professional advice then there is a local office of the Scarborough and District Citizens Advice Bureau.