Can I claim?
You can claim if:
- You have to pay rent to a private landlord or housing association
- Your savings are £16,000 or less (different rules apply to pensioners)
You are on a low income for example:
- You work full or part time and receive a low wage
- You receive Income Support or Jobseeker’s Allowance or any other state benefits
- You receive Pension Credit or a small pension
How much can I get?
You can use the benefits advisor on GOV.UK to find out what you can get.
How to claim
Pension age customers
If you apply for Pension Credit you will receive a HCTB1 claim form in your application pack which should be completed and returned to Scarborough Borough Council.
If you feel that you would benefit from or require independent professional advice then there is a local office of the Scarborough and District Citizens Advice Bureau.