Housing Benefit reconsiderations and appeals

When we make a decision about your claim we will write to you.  If you think the decision is wrong you can ask us to look at the decision again (a reconsideration) or you can appeal. 

You need to get in touch with us within one month of the date on the decision letter. 

You can ask for a reconsideration by telephoning us on 01723 232323, by emailing us at benefits.office@scarborough.gov.uk or by downloading the appeals and reconsiderations form

If you have asked for a reconsideration and we have decided not to change the decision then you can appeal against it.  You have one month from the date of our response to appeal.

You can appeal by writing to us at the address shown on your decision letter or by downloading this reconsiderations and appeals form.


PDF icon Reconsideration and Appeal Form213.06 KB