Changes in your circumstances

If you claim Housing Benefit or Local Support for Council Tax and there has been a change in your circumstances, you will need to inform us. Any delay may result in you losing benefit or receiving too much Housing Benefit and having to pay it back.

Report a change in your circumstances >

You may need to provide supporting proof at a later date. 

A change in circumstances may include:

  • Moving house
  • Starting or finishing work
  • Having a baby
  • Receiving or no-longer receiving a state benefit
  • Getting married
  • Changes to your household 
  • Changes in savings
  • A child finishing school
  • A temporary absence from your home

If your circumstances change, you can find out what benefits you could receive by using the DWP benefits advisor service.

National Living Wage

From the 1 April 2016 the government introduced a new National Living Wage for workers aged 25 years and above. 

If you’re eligible for the National Living Wage then you must tell the benefits office and we will need to see your wage slips showing the increase in your pay. 

You can email your wage slips to us at

To see if you’re eligible and for more information visit the National Living Wage page.