Call Before You Serve
Are you considering giving notice to your tenants? If so, please contact our free 'Call Before You Serve' service for help with:
- Rent arrears
- Mediation between you and your tenants
- Communication issues
- Help and advice on leasing properties to supported housing providers.
Call Before You Serve is a free specialist service for landlords considering seeking possession in the Borough of Scarborough.
We recognise the importance of early intervention by working with both landlords and tenants to prevent homelessness.
This free specialist service is available to assist landlords who are looking to serve notice to their tenants. The aim of the service is to give landlords all the help and assistance they need so that they feel that a Section 21 or Section 8 notice does not need to be issued.
Our services include:
- A personalised housing plan agreed with the tenant
- Rent arrears assistance through housing benefit services, universal credit, local government homeless prevention funds and charities
- Financial assessment of tenants to maximise income
- Referrals and signposting to specialist services for more long-term support should the need be identified
- A mediation service between landlords and tenants
- Help and advice on leasing properties to a range of supported housing providers
We recognise that eviction is often a last resort and is a costly process. We are committed to preventing homelessness at the earliest opportunity and we urge you to use our Call Before You Serve service so that we can help you and your tenants before it’s too late.
For assistance and more information about this service please call Hilary Robinson on 01723 383541 or email email@example.com