Applications for the Council Tax Rebate Scheme closed on 30 November 2022.
National Rebate Scheme
This rebate relates to households in council tax bands A to D who use the qualifying dwelling as their sole / main residence as at 1 April 2022.
Scarborough Borough Council made payments as follows:
- Between 21 - 26 April 2022 the majority of council tax accounts being paid by direct debit that were identified as eligible for this rebate were paid automatically. In total 30,289 automatic payments were made.
- 13,808 payments were made upon receipt of a successful application.
- 1,780 households identified as eligible did not apply for the scheme and have had £150 automatically credited to their council tax account.
Scarborough Borough Council made payment under several schemes as follows:
- 137 payments were made upon successful application
- 75 automatic payments were made where eligibility was identified through council tax records
As the amount of funding available to the council under the discretionary scheme was not fully utilised, remaining funds were equally distributed as a top-up payment to households in Bands A to D who are in receipt of Local Support for Council Tax. On Thursday 1 December 2022, the following automatic payments have been made:
- 8,726 BACS payments of £22
- 1,138 credits to council tax accounts of £22
Please note these are top-up payments and all households who have received this amount on 1 December 2022 have already received £150 under the National Rebate Scheme between 21 April 2022 and 30 November 2022.