Scarborough Town Centre will re-align itself for the 21st century to become a hub of leisure, learning and living by building on its rich heritage, culture and traditional retail and leisure offer. It will become a national exemplar through dynamic, welcoming and customer / community focussed activity and intervention. This will be measured by footfall, vacancy rates, levels of investment, new business start-ups, stakeholder involvement and customer satisfaction.
You can read the Town Centre Strategy and Action Plan.
To build the success of Scarborough Town Centre as a vibrant, mixed use centre for all stakeholders, investors and the community we aim to:
- Be the best performing coastal town centre in England by 2025 and the primary economic hub for retail, leisure, learning and living within the Yorkshire coast area.
- Increase residential living within our town centre by 25% by 2025
- Work together with public and private property owners and agencies to ensure the built environment and infrastructure exceeds the expectations of our customers and community by 2025.
Our primary focus of activity will be based around seven key themes:
Town Centre Strategy Team
Integral to the delivery of the Town Centre Strategy is the development of a multi-sector Town Centre Strategy Team to drive the process forward. The Council recognises that it cannot achieve the collective vision in isolation and needs to continue to build partnerships with residents, community groups and local business. The Town Centre Strategy Team will work with the Council and its partners to lead on and, where appropriate, deliver projects and initiatives that advance the priorities outlined in the Strategy.
Heading up the Town Centre Strategy Team will be a Chair and Vice Chair along with five ‘Town Champions’ who will work with partners to take forward specific themes / actions within in the Strategy.
- Chair person specification
- Vice Chair person specification
- Town Champion person specification
- Town Centre Team structure
Applications must be received no later than Wednesday 31st July 2019.
Monday 24th June 2019 - Town Centre Strategy Launch Event
Residents, community groups and local businesses are invited to the launch event of the Scarborough Town Centre Strategy on Monday 24th June from 6pm to 7.30pm at Scarborough Library, Vernon Road. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals from across all sectors to come along and get involved. This is your chance to be a part of it.