The Accounts Receivable team deals with the collection of invoices for council services, or Sundry Invoices. We also deal with the repayment of overpaid Housing Benefits.
Sundry invoices, or miscellaneous invoices as they are sometimes known, are issued for a large range of services.
You may have received an invoice in for a service you asked for, such as:
- Commercial Rents
- Trade Refuse
- Annual Parking Permits For Council Owned Car Parks
- Harbour Dues and Fees
- Annual Licence Fee
- Room Booking Fee
- Advertising and Commission
Your invoice should clearly state the service you are being charged for.
If you need to ask a question about your invoice, please contact the issuing service using the contact number at the top of your invoice.
All invoices are payable in full upon receipt.
What if I can't pay?
If you are having trouble paying your invoice in full, please contact Accounts Receivable on 01723 232399 as soon as possible to avoid further action being taken.
Have a look at our debt advice page for more options.
What will happen if I do not pay my invoice?
- We may send you a reminder in case you have forgotten to pay, but if you still fail to make payment or to come to an agreement to clear the invoice, we will have to take further action.
- Further action may involve registering the debt with the County Court. We will issue a Pre-Court letter to notify you before such action is taken
- We may refer the debt to the Council’s Debt Recovery Agents for them to proceed with recovery.
- If you have been invoiced for an ongoing service and do not make payment, your service can be cancelled.
You can avoid further action and costs by contacting Accounts Receivable on 01723 232399 as soon as you receive an invoice to discuss your options.