What we do
- issue premises licences for casinos, betting offices and race tracks, bingo clubs, adult gaming centres, and family entertainment centres
- grant permits for gaming machines in members' clubs and licensed premises, prize gaming and unlicensed family entertainment centres.
- authorise the temporary use of premises for gambling
- register small society lotteries.
We publish a gambling licensing policy every three years.
- To prevent gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder, or being used to support crime;
- To ensure that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way;
- To protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.