Street trading

On 1 April the single new council for North Yorkshire launched replacing Scarborough Borough Council and other local authorites in North Yorkshire.

To find your Councillor or to view minutes, meetings and agendas please visit the North Yorkshire Council website.

Anyone wishing to sell any goods on a street in the Scarborough Borough area must have consent from us. 

  • If you wish to trade on private land you must obtain written approval from the land owner prior to making an application.
  • You may require planning permission if your trading unit is a fixed, permanent structure.
  • If you are a mobile food trader you are required to register with our commercial regulation team

To find out more about how to apply and related fees, please download an application pack (below).

Send your completed application form along with appropriate fee to:

Licensing Services
Scarborough Borough Council
Town Hall
St Nicholas Street
YO11 2HG

Cheques should be made payable to Scarborough Borough Council. 

You can also read our Street Trading Policy

Right of appeal

Following the determination of a new application, renewal or revocation, there is no right of appeal under the legislation against refusal to issue or renew a Consent. Therefore if an applicant is aggrieved by the Council’s decision they have the option to make a corporate complaint or seek a Judicial Review of the decision made.

PDF icon Street trading application form133.21 KB