Exporting food

If you have a food business and want to sell your produce abroad, first you need to register your business with us. You may also be required to have a food export health certificate.


Food export certificate (fishery products only) – Hong Kong £45
Food export certificate (fishery products only) – China £68
Duplicate Certificate £68 China / £45 other 
Cancel and Replace £68

If we have to re-issue a certificate the original fee will need to be paid again.

New businesses apply for a food export health certificate

Contact the embassy or consulate of the country you want to export to and they'll tell you the information needed for a certificate to be issued. 

Email this information to using our food safety advice form.

We'll then inspect your business to verify the food produced complies with UK legislation and we may make additional checks, depending on the wording required on the certificate.

Further information about exporting goods is available at GOV.UK.

Existing business apply for a food export health certificate

Request an export certificate >

We will endeavour to process export certificates the same day if request received before 10.30am.