Ex-council houses

The former council housing stock in the borough is managed by Yorkshire Coast Homes.

If you own a former council house (purchased prior to Dec 2003), you may be required to obtain our consent before you carry out any alterations to the property. This includes the replacement of windows, a building extension, or the dropping of a kerb/vehicular access. You may also need planning permission

Failure to obtain consent for alterations may delay the sale of your house. 

How do I get consent?

Please fill in our contact form and we'll get right back to you. There is a cost which will depend on how soon you need consent.

Contact us >