*note the terminology “closed” refers to the government’s name for the scheme and is not a reference to unavailability of the scheme.
Businesses subject to national restrictions from 5 November may be entitled to financial support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) scheme.
Grants under this scheme are available to businesses that:
- Are based in Scarborough borough
- Are rated and assessed for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes – you will need your business rates account reference to apply
- Were operating prior to the restrictions being imposed
- Have been ordered to stop operating by the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 or are operating in a substantively reduced way due to restrictions (such as restaurants or pubs running take-away services or shops running click & collect)
This grant cannot be awarded where:
- The business is not rated for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes
- The business has not been ordered to stop operations
- The business was not operating prior to restrictions being imposed
For a full list of businesses subject to restrictions or closure, or permitted to remain open, please refer to Schedule 2 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020.
Amount of funding available to businesses
The amount available to businesses depends on the rateable value of the qualifying premises. A single fixed amount grant will be paid to each eligible business rated assessment to cover the four-week period of the current national restrictions. Businesses with more than one eligible property will receive more than one grant.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 4 weeks|
|£15,000 or under||£1,334|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£2,000|
|£51,000 or above||£3,000|
You can also view the full policy here.
Applications for this scheme will close on 31 January 2021.