This news item is over 3 months old and has been archived.
Town Hall Accommodation Review consultation results
Ahead of our
Cabinet meeting on Tuesday 17 July, we have released the results
from the recent Town Hall Accommodation Review consultation. The
information is presented as appendices to a formal report that asks
Cabinet members to note the results and can be viewed by following
this link: http://tinyurl.com/dxtmrbo
The report is the last pdf document listed and the various
appendices are above it.
Some of the key results are:
- The council received a total of 758 responses (297 council
employees, 32 councillors, 25 Business Panel, 243 Residents’ Panel
and 161 from the general public)
- 51% of the respondents would prefer to retain the Town Hall in
its current location
- 49% of the respondents would opt to move the council’s back
office accommodation to Prospect House
- Of the 49% opting to move the council’s back office
accommodation, 30% would move the civic function to Prospect House
and 19% would retain the civic function in its current
- 62% of the respondents identified location as being more
important than cost
- Accessibility to democracy, accessibility to the building and
the impact upon the town centre of Scarborough are the main reasons
indicated for location being important
The actual Town Hall Accommodation Review options will be
considered within a separate report on the same Cabinet agenda,
which will be available on our website on Tuesday 11 July.
Cabinet members will look at both reports when making their
deliberations. Full Council will then be asked to make its final
decision on the options on Friday 20 July.